[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteors and animals

At 08:01 PM 08/15/98 EDT, you wrote:

>30 feet is a good long leap....I don't know what heights they can reach,
but >I observe from the roof of my observatory which is about 15 feet from the
>ground. If he did, he would have to worry about his momentum carrying him on
>over to the other side.

George, if you or Lunsford leave the observatory in the dark due to clouded
conditions, I hope you two have a bright light with you; that might help
confuse the animal long enough to get in the cars. After all, you don't
really need your starlight vision by then.

We don't want to hear or read of some kind of "accident" occurring to you
guys; take more-than-sufficient precautions, please. And don't let
yourselves get into a rut; the animals can learn your patterns and figure a
way to take advantage.

Clear skies,

SteveH
Shrewsbury Mass