[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) hearing meteors impacting the atmosphere

> Subject:       (meteorobs) hearing meteors impacting the atmosphere

Hi Kevin!!

> yellow meteor go right over the house. I went inside and saw it was
> 1:07. At 1:11 a boom came from my speakers. There was a secondery boom
> many seconds later.
>      The theory is that the corregations cause eddies in the tube which
> convert the below 20 Htz sound waves into higher frequencies that can be
> heard. The low frequency sound waves travel a lot farther than higher
> frequencies.
>      I will post again when I have more credible evidence.
>      Airplanes and jets cause sort of a rumble.

Wow, this is interesting, I could set something like that up at the
observatory, and have the tape, and hand tape running at the same
time, to corralate the data. Of course , WWV or time signal from CHU
could be in the backround for times.

Is there anyway you can find out the flight paths and times of
commerical and reccreational aircraft??

Can't wait for more info....

Kim

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH

Follow-Ups: References: