[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ARCHIVE RESEND: (meteorobs) meteors and animals

George Zay wrote:
>Yesterday I just became aware of a renewed mountain lion problem near where I
>observe. I guess about 3 miles away there is a mountain lion that is
>apparently making it a habit of stalking hikers in the area. I haven't heard
>or seen any in about a year or two...darn it. I haven't felt threatened in
>recent years since they killed the last cat that was chasing folks. Oh
>well....here kitty, kitty, kitty....   :o)
>George Zay

Yikes... George, good thing you have your observatory to watch meteors
safely from the top.

Over here, the only tiny nuisance at my site were the cows. Just as I left with
dawn appoaching on the 12/13, about a dozen or more cows decided to move along
the route we use to come in and out. When they saw my headlights coming, they
suddenly froze, startled and starred right back at me. I had to drive real slow
to eventually find my way around them. I also had to watch on  what I drove on
too....!

Just curious, what was your closest call with one of these mountain kittens?

                                .    .    . .
Pierre Martin                  . . *  . *  .  .
***************************** . . . \   | .  .
Ottawa Valley Observers Group  .  .    .  .   . .
Visual meteor observer          .    . . .  -* .
Ottawa, Ontario, CAN              . .   . .  .
home:  p.martin@cyberusdot ca           /  . .  . .
Graphic Designer                     .  |    .
National Aviation Museum                |   \
work:  pmartin@nmstcdot ca                 *  . \
                                               *