[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observations Aug 17/18 ZAYGE

Last night I had a nice clear night of observing meteors from my observing
site in Descanso, Calif. for about 6 Teff hours. The skies had an LM of around
6.0. I plotted everything except the Perseids. In total I recorded 59 meteors.
The breakdown were: 3 NDA, 3 SDA, 7 NIA, 3 KCG, 16 PER, 27 Sporadics. The
brightest were a pair of -1 Perseids. I was operating one wide angle guided
camera with which I might have captured one of those -1's? I have several
rolls of film to develop eventually...probably will do it all after this dark
sky period and major activity dwindles sometime during the first half of
September. Just too busy to do much other than gathering data at the moment.
Later I will reduce everything. I won't be observing tonight...have plans on
taking the family to Disneyland tomorrow...want to be well rested. I plan on
observing this thursday, Friday at least.
George Zay