[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) asteroids coming??

Howdy, Julie, and thanks for writing in...

Here on this list, we're mainly interested in shooting stars ("meteors") and
the *very small* "asteroids" (actually called "meteoroids") which cause
millions of these meteors in our skies each day.

You might find more information on the search for Near Earth Objects (NEOs) and
Potentially Hazardous Asteroids (PHAs) on other lists, like the general ASTRO
list (check the Web for details).

But suffice it to say, many of us on 'meteorobs' read those lists, and many
serious astronomy and space-science magazines, plus many background books and
Web sites, and none of us are stocking up on canned goods in preparation for
the Big Impact - at least I'm not. :)

Of course each of us has the right to believe who we wish to.

Clear skies!
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@latrade.com>