[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd Re: Phaeton directly imaged or spectrographed?

------- Forwarded Message
From: Tim Harincar <harincar@Camworks.com>
To: mplist@bitnik.com
Subject: RE: Phaeton directly imaged or spectrographed?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 16:16:05 -0500

I don't know specifically the answer to Lew's question, but one other
possible way of measuring any object's size is occultation. Again, I'm not
sure how occultation candidates are identified, but I suspect it might be
possible to plug in elements for a particular object and run it through
looking for events.

The mention of "Phaeton's inferior position" reminded me of something else I
wanted to ask about - solar transit events. Anyone have software for
predicting these? I think it would be very interesting to see the transit of
a minor planet. Would there be any scientific value?

Tim
- ---
tim harincar
harincar@camworks.com