[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Degree symbol

Fred,

You wrote:

>     In my WebTV instructional pages it says to hold down "alt" and
>press "o" for the degree symbol.

This doesn't work, at least on my PC.

You can, however, get the symbol via the Character Map if you have the will
and patience to minimise your current programme, open the Char map, select
the symbol, copy it, re-maximise your programme and paste the symbol to the
document.

Alternatively you can type in the ASCII code directly.  Hold down the <ALT>
key and type 248 on the number pad.  You will need <NUM LOCK> on.
This is how I typed these degree symbols: °°°.

All ASCII characters can be typed this way.  You just need to know the
three digit numeric code.

Note that for some reason the numbers on the main QWERTY key pad don't work
the same way.

...and for those who are really lazy or in a hurry - just type deg!

John Hodges

The Orbital Mechanics Educational Network
email:            omen@primex.codot uk
homepages:   http://homepages.primex.codot uk/~omen