[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) meteor observations aug 20/21 ZAYGE

I had a good observing night last night, Aug 20/21. It was clear with an
average LM around 6.0. There were no mountain lions, snakes or irritated Rams.
:o)    I observed for an approximate Teff of 6 hours. I recorded a total of 53
meteors, of which I plotted all except the Perseids. There weren't very many
of them left now...only seen 7 of those critters. The rest of the breakdown
is: 3 NIA, 5 NDA, 4 KCG, and 32 sporadics. It seems that most of the summer
shower activity is dwindling and leaving primarily sporadics. Activity seemed
to come in spurts. The most active period began around 3 am till near 4 am
with 14 meteors. Then it died somewhat after that. I was all prepared to
finish off with another good hour.  The brightest meteor was a -2 NDA.
Although I operated 3 cameras, I highly doubt I caught anything. After I nap
out the day, I plan on having another go at it tonight. The weather seems to
be holding out quite favorably...so far.
George Zay