[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Why, Meteors, of course!

Hello All!
   After being plauged with clouds for the past 3 wks and the ruining of my
Perseid watch :(, I finally was able to get some star time in last night. I
was mainly after a binocular run (saw many new things too), but at 22:57 and
23:01 last night (live in Central Time Zone at about Lat 30.25, Long 86.45), I
spotted two meteors. The second one seemed to be heading away from Perseus
(starting to the north of the summer triangle and running for about 5 degrees
i would say, towards the W along the triangle's bottom. I assume this one to
be Perseid. The other one however, went in the opposite direction, W to E, and
it was closer to the triangle...does anyone know if this was a sporadic or a
meteor associated with another shower?
The Perseid was about 0 mag. and the other was about the same I believe.

Thanks!!
   Julie T.