[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteor observations Aug 22/23 ZAYGE

George,

>minute though with 4 meteors. Had a heck of a time keeping all that
>information in my head before I could write it down and make the plots. None
>of those four meteors were related...one was a Perseid, an NDA, NIA and a
>sporadic. Bad timing.  I eventually was able to plot all 4 with reasonable
>accuracy confidence. The  Perseids are still sputtering a few for
>entertainment. For the whole night, I plotted 46 meteors. 7 were perseids, 6
>N. Delter Aquarids, 3 N. Iota Aquarids and 30 sporadics. Quite a bit of dim
>stuff out there last night. The brightest meteors were a
>-1 and 0 magnitude sporadics. I'm taking a break tonight so that I can
>take my
>daughter out on a fishing boat in the local ocean waters. Hopefully I will
>catch a Yellowtailid, a Bonitaid, or maybe even a few Bassids and
>Barracudaids? I plan on starting up again either tomorrow night or the next
>night..dot depending on how tired I am after the fishing trip?
>George Zay

Did you notice any high velocity, usually trained meteors coming from
around
Pi Eridanid radiant in the early morning before dawn?

Well I cant be all sure for know. I need to decode tape, examine plots
for my
3 nights out between Aug.17 to 20. I'm not trying to confirm anything
now, at
least until I'm confident about it. I'm just curious to see if anyone
noticed
possible early activity from ERI, like the last couple of years?

                                .    .    . .
Pierre Martin                  . . *  . *  .  .
***************************** . . . \   | .  .
Ottawa Valley Observers Group  .  .    .  .   . .
Visual meteor observer          .    . . .  -* .
Ottawa, Ontario, CAN              . .   . .  .
home:  p.martin@cyberusdot ca           /  . .  . .
Graphic Designer                     .  |    .
National Aviation Museum                |   \
work:  pmartin@nmstcdot ca                 *  . \
                                               *