[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) meteor observations Aug 23/24 ZAYGE

Well...as I already mentioned in another post, my daughter wasn't able to come
down for the fishing trip. So, I went out for another night of observing  last
night. The skies were again clear all night after about 10 pm when I usually
start. My average LM was again around 6.0 and my Teff was also about 6 hours.
I plotted the exact same number of meteors as I had the previous night...45.
Also operated three cameras. The N. Delta Aquarids were showing a little
spunk...plotted 8 of those critters. The Perseids are still clinging to a
residual existence with 6. Only saw one N. Iota Aquarid. I also began looking
for Alpha Aurigids...but didn't see any. The rest were sporadics...30 of them.
The brightest was a -2 NDA...which I might have captured on film. Won't know
until I develop the film. One of these days I hope to spend a day in the dark
room to catch up on my printing. I also plotted two each -1 sporadics. Perhaps
got one of those on film too? Well...even if my daughter doesn't show up
today...I won't be observing. Perhaps tomorrow night and definitely the next
if not tomorrow.
George Zay