[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteor observations aug 20/21 ZAYG

George
   I was a dispatcher for the Philadelphia and NYC fire departments so I
know you have a lot of free time, especially with 24hr shifts.  When I
worked in NYC, I worked 2 12hr days, then 2 12hr nights and had 4 days
off.  Someimes, I wish I had them now.  Then, I was married to a bit#!,
who didn't care about me, only herself.  Now, my wife is wonderful and
adapts to me, most of the time.  Since she met me, I have her watching
Star Trek, professional wrestling and  going meteor watching.  She has
me doing craftwork and watching shows on the Lifetime network that I
would've never considered watching before..  Again, I met her around the
Perseids 4 years ago but the weather stunk.  That was supposed to be our
2nd date.

I don't think Bill meant to be sarcastic or mean.  I, too, wondered if
meteor watching was part of your job, but having a fireman's job, helps
out.  Due to my health, it's impossible to get out every night, so I
limit myself to the major showers, which I'm learnng about now. That's
why we're going to the mountains in PA in November.  When I learn more
about the minor showers and if I'm up to it, I may start watching them,
too.  I'm too close to Philly to get a good observing spot, so I have to
drive at least 45 minutes to 1 hour for good skies.

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

Fred & Gail Weber
Clear skies & happy hunting
 39o49'1"N   -75o3'8'W