[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) New to [any geographic area]

Howdy, Barbara! Well, since we're a meteor list, I guess you're hoping to find
fellow meteor observers in your newly-adopted area? The first thing I can
suggest is that you join up with the (free) North American Meteor Network. Mark
Davis, NAMN Coordinator, can tell you who else may observe in your area, and
might even be able to hook you up with them.

Depending on your level of interest, you might also consider joining the
American Meteor Society and/or International Meteor Organization (both not
free), who can point you to a still broader group of folks, perhaps some of
whom will be within driving distance of you.

THEN of course, there's 'meteorobs' - how about it, anyone near Barbara? :)

Clear skies!
Lew Gramer

PS: You can find out about *general* amateur astronomy groups from appropriate
sources, like Sky Publishing's Web directory:
        http://www.skypub.com/astrodir/astrodir.html