[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Diffuse glow...

>At last week's conferences, this glow was mentioned as one of the many
>interesting things to watch out for at the Leonid storm.

Thanks for mentioning this, Detlef! By the way, what other topics of particular
interest were covered in the IMC last week - anyone care to report? :)

>Another interesting one is to look at the dark side of the Moon and
>try to detect impact flashes, which might be as bright as 6 mag...

Really?? I'm amazed at this, Detlef - aren't most of the storm component
particles under a gram? What mechanism would produce such BRIGHT flashes?

Clear skies to all!
Lew