[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fire in the Sky

Group:

The other night on television they had a documentary, entited, FIRE FROM THE
SKY, It had a lot of excellent coverage on meteors by Levy, Shoemaker, Bollte
of CalTech, etc. It is available by calling 800-887-3737 or by writing to
Warner Home Video, Post Office Box 51790, Livonia, Michigan 48151 --- Cost of
video is $24.96.

I missed the first few minutes of the film but I was under the impression they
kind of blamed the Peshtigo, Wisconsin forest fire of about 1871 onto a meteor
shower.. I thought it was proven not to be so. Any comments about the Peshtigo
fire ?

  Lloyd Mielke