[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observations...Teff, LM, efforts etc

Lew<<
 We may need to add a new correction to your data though - say "MLF" (Mountain
Lion Factor), to match our "SF" (Skunk Factor) back East. :))<<

I don't know about the mountain lion factor, but I can tell you this much...if
I even suspect that a mountain lion is prowling the area again, I
automatically become very alert and attentive to every odd sound. I think I am
at my best when lions are nearby.You do recall that I already invented the
Monkey Factor term don't you?

 Lew>>One thing to clarify again though (from my own understanding) -
moonlight should NOT keep folks from observing, so long as they can reliably
gain Limiting Magnitude 5.0 or better.<<

If you can reliably gain an LM of 5.0 or better, by all means observe if you
desire. I personally think observing without the presence of the moon a very
enjoyable aspect to observing meteors. I find it quite pleasant to observe
without the obtrusive effects of a moon. It's my preference to avoid observing
with moonlight unless something special is happening.

 George Zay