[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Internet Message

Lord, Bob, it sure sounds like you and I are saying the same thing!

Namely:

1) IMO does *not* currently use correction factors for the moon - although
other analytical methods (such as one reported in WGN last year) do use them.
Don't ask *me* why these Russian meteoricists do it - ask them.

2) Observing under LMs of worse than (less than) 5.0 will make your data
unusable for the types of analysis IMO does - and may also bore you. Of course,
I've watched from skies that were just BARELY LM>=5.0, and thoroughly enjoyed
the serenity of the experience - using the chance to learn new naked-eye star
patterns, for instance, or listen for bird calls...

3) Observing under LMs of 5.0 or BETTER (more), irregardless of the presence of
the moon, means your data *is* usable for IMO's analysis. So go for it!

Clear skies all!
Lew