[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Obs. LANMA 15/16, 18/19 and 19/20 Aug

<< I have a question, You said in the 15/16 observations you said you could
see a
 beautiful milky way... Were in the milky way, how can u see it? >>

Good question Ruby. You probably live in a large town/city right? If you've
never seen the Milky Way, it's due to light pollution.
Since we are part of the MIlky Way it shows up only as a glowing band across
the sky. If you look south at Sagittarius - the Milky Way rises out of Sag.
across the sky thru Cygnus and down past Cepheus. Facing south again in the
winter it shows itself just east of Canis Major up between Orion and Gemini
and then down thru Cassiopeia and Cepheus.
Go to a dark location sometime and look for it.

Kevin K