[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observations Aug 26/27 ZAYGE

Well...the night started out clear from my Descanso, Calif. Observing site.
After a half hour, a relatively dense layer of cirrus clouds rolled in right
above me and then parked. I took the oportunity to sleep until the skies
cleared...2.5 hours later. Since I only had a half hour with 3 meteors in the
beginning, I deleted this entire period and started all over again around 1:15
am. From that point on it remained clear till dawn. I managed a little over 3
hours Teff this morning. Activity seemed to have increased since a few days
ago when I last observed. I plotted a total of 40 meteors. 6 were NIA and 4
where alpha Aurigids beginning to show some signs of life. The remaining 30
were sporadics. The brightest was a -2 sporadic which I think I caught in at
least one of my three cameras that I was operating. Hopefully tonight I will
have better luck a little earlier?
George Zay