[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ARCHIVE RESEND Re: (meteorobs) OT: Firemen astronomers

<<  Wow, is there a pattern here? We now have George Zay (fireman),
 >> Fred Weber (fmr dispatcher for NYFD), and Kevin Kilkenny (fireman
 >> in NYC) on our list! Seems like fires in the sky must attract
 >> those who fight them on the ground. :)
 >
 > Hi Lew and the rest of the list,
 > Count me in. I used to be a fireman at our local station for 15 yrs.

 Now I *know* there's a pattern here. Any theories about this one? :)) >>

Well my theory is that its the amount of time off I have. I forget how
George's schedule works, but for me I work two 24 hour shifts a week. That
leaves me with 5 days off each week. Plenty of time for a side job to
supplement my pitiful wage, and plenty of time for observing.

Kevin
Ladder Co. 109