[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) LM Star Count vs Milky Way Perception

In a message dated 8/27/98 2:43:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dedalus@latrade.com writes:

<<
 Yup, seeing may be part of the explanation, George.

 Also many astronomers talk about "sky darkness" as something DISTINCT from
 "transparency" - perhaps the difference I've noticed is between dark skies
with
 poor transparency, versus bright skies with good transparency.

I don't think this would be the cause for what I'm experiencing? As often as I
observe, you would think that I would at sometime see a variety of abilities
with the LM and noticing the milky way. I usually get to the observing site
before sunset to set up. I take my nap during sunset, but often will glance up
to see the milky way with the LM I normally see it appear at...around 5.2 or
5.3.
GeoZay