[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd Re: (IAAC) LM Star Count vs Milky Way Perception

In a message dated 8/27/98 3:27:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dedalus@latrade.com writes:

<<
     Chances are that when you see a 5.2 sky and the Milky Way, the more
 experienced observers would call it a 6.0 magnitude sky. >>

This is the problem...I am an experienced observer that makes LM
determinations the same way as the one's who see the milky way at 6.0 while I
see it at 5.2. When they see the sky with an LM of 5.2 from the star count
method, they don't perceive the milky way then. What would be the reason for
this? In most of the star count areas, I know where the stars are that I can't
see. I can't even see them with averted vision.
GeoZay