[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) early morning activity?

> Subject:       (meteorobs) early morning activity?

Hi Pierre!!

> I have seen an increase of meteors in the early morning around this time
> from a known minor radiant. I'd like to see if we are seeing the same
> activity. I'll report back after my own observations are done for these
> recent nights.

Which radiant is this? I was out at Careleston Lake last night
helping the Kingston Centre with Terry Dickinson's talk. Through the
magnificant aurora we seen last night there were several meteors
before midnight. Most were sporadics and 1 Persied, but I was not
counting. I had people lined up to the scope for over 1.5 hours
looking at the moon, then Jupiter.

I got a chance to look through a 25 inch Obsession Dob at M13, Wow.
What really blew me away was a set of 10 x 50 bino's on the Coat
Hanger.

I am interested in what the radiant is.

Kim

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH