[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) early morning hours

Pierre,

I saw approx. 4-6 meteors that evening which all seemed to be coming from
the area of Triangulum/Aries or maybe Pisces. I know that sounds pretty
vague. I was not able to pin-point their exact location of origin due to my
house partially blocking my view to the South. I was observing to the East.
I estimated their speeds to be 3 on a 0-5 scale or medium speed. Many of
them did exhibit trains but not well pronounced. The most interesting thing
I did notice though was that many of them seemed to follow nearly the same
trajectory/path through the sky. Many of them seemed to pass near the
Alpha-Persei association in Perseus and traced back to the area of
Triangulum/Aries. I logged them as Sporadics, since I was unable to locate
their origin for sure. It seemed like an unusual amount of activity though
for Sporadics.

Thanks,

Mark
E-mail: perseus1@pcpartnerdot net