[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Radio observing

Hello:

 I work with the following;

Listening Frequency: 83.25 MHz
Receiver: Icom R-10
Antenna : resonant dipole
Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes in E-W plane,
elev 0 deg
Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between antenna &
receiver.
Listening Mode: AM
Recording method: listening by ear

At the present time I am getting some interference in the way of a
tone but was able to detect some Perseids.

--
Clear skies...
Michael Boschat ( Astronomer )    E-mail: andromed@atm.daldot ca