[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fw: possible fireball, Washington area

>>comments=coming almost straight down from high in the sky till it iht the
ground about 2+ miles on the top of a hill where it exploded twice in bright
greenish white flashes<<

Sounds like a distant fireball to me with one not hitting the ground, but
rather an illusion.

>>comments=just was wondering if anyone else had seen this ??? looked like a
large meteor that deffinatley hit the ground<<

If it hit the ground still glowing..dot it must be one heck of  a whopper...much
more than 10 tons. Big enough to leave a very large crater and be picked up by
spy satellites. Like I said...sounds more like a bright fireball seen far off
that only looks like it is going down towards the ground along the horizon.
This is very common to get that impression while fireballs burn up high above
the earth.
GeoZay