[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) LM Star Count vs Milky Way Perception

Op Fri, 28 Aug 1998 GeoZay@aol.com schreef:

> Marco>>Perhaps interresting, how do the Lm's of Bob and you compare when you
> are
> both observing from the same location (and thus with similar sky
> conditions)?
>
> I can't recall a night that Bob doesn't have at least 0.3 or greater magnitude
> than my estimates. Sometimes nearly a whole magnitude from the same location.
> GeoZay

Hmmmmm. This could point to differences in the way you and Bob 'define'
your Lm. On the other hand, I also know that Bob sees more meteors than
you when you are observing together, which could indicate that part of
the difference in Lm is 'real' and just a matter of differences in eye
sensitivity that are normal between people. It is obvious, that there is
no simple explanation for the topic you raised. Interresting!

-Marco