[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Night Vision Goggles

<< But I may have missed the thread, if so, bare with me.

 To use the night vision goggles, there would have to be heat involved
 in order to see the meteor correct? Or am I thinking of infra red
 goggles.

 What would the only advantage be, less stray light? Would you
 actually pick up more meteors since the stray light is cut down?

 Do these glasses not cut off some of your peripheral vision?  >>

Night Vision just amplifies the available light so I really don't see any
benefit wearing them for meteor observing. A few things being that yes in fact
your peripheral vision would be dramatically reduced, it amplifies available
light so all light pollution would also be amplified creating more strayed
light, and thirdly I believe that all night vision goggles have a range.
Anything going on outside the range and you won't see it. For the price of
night vision glasses you'd be better off just using your natural night vision
with the two oculars God gave you.

Kevin