[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 2nd reply: LM Star Count vs Milky Way Perception

Hi,

Just remembered something I just read a few days ago somewhere, and that
highlights how physiology can interfere with what you perceive or not: a
recent research indicates that colorblind people have better than average
eye-vision (that is perhaps why I have a quite good nighttime vision: I
am partly color blind). That presumably has to do with the difference in
number of
rod and pyramid receptors on the eyes reticula. Wouldn't suprise me if
such things are also determining differences in the ability to see
pinpoint images (like faint stars) or larger diffuse objects (like milky
way), and differences between perception abilities between them.

Anyone trained in biology or medics that can help? Like George, I am very
much interrested in these differences too. They are real for sure, but why?

-Marco