[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ARCHIVE RESEND Re: (meteorobs) Visual Acuity

[I *promise* this is the last ARCHIVE RESEND for a while... -Lew]

<< Not that I'm a doctor in the
 field, but I can understand how two people can see differently in the
 same viewing location - maybe we should depend on an independent
 source of viewers (such as telescopic cameras) to determine what the
 actual LM is for a given site.   >>

Having a large battery of camera's ...probably video cameras would be an
excellent idea....but it's not cheap. But whatever you use...eyes or camera's,
the LM will be different. Camera's may record very dim non moving stars, but
recording a very dim meteor that is in motion may not be very successful.
Unless you got several thousand dollars  available, using the eye is still
quite useful if done the right way.
GeoZay