[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) (meterobs) Aurigid Observations on 9/2/98--MarkM

At 10:02 PM 9/2/98 EDT, you wrote:

><<
> Wow, Mark, 18 Aurigids in under 2 hours Teff! I guess it's pretty clear
that
> the AUR max was some time early this morning, rather than overnight
Monday as
> the IMO calendar seemed to predict.
>  >>

>Indeed a healthy number of Aurigids in two hours. Could be a possible
outburst
>for them? how high up was the radiant during this hour?
>GeoZay
>
>I estimate the radiant to be approx. 40 degrees above the horizon roughly
during my 2 hour observation period.
I'm wondering what kind of counts were obtained by other members on Monday
evening. I was unable to observe Monday night since it was overcast in
central Iowa.

Mark M.
E-mail: perseus1@pcpartnerdot net

Follow-Ups: References: