[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteor observations Aug 22/23 ZAYGE

>Did you notice any high velocity, usually trained meteors coming from
>around
>Pi Eridanid radiant in the early morning before dawn?
>
>Well I cant be all sure for know. I need to decode tape, examine plots
>for my
>3 nights out between Aug.17 to 20. I'm not trying to confirm anything
>now, at
>least until I'm confident about it. I'm just curious to see if anyone
>noticed
>possible early activity from ERI, like the last couple of years?
>
>                                .    .    . .
>Pierre Martin                  . . *  . *  .  .

Hi Pierre.  I was able to observe around the end of August and watched the Pi Eridanids.  We had a great run of clear weather
here.  The Pi Eri's are listed below.

-2      w       T3
-1.5   w       T1.5
+1     w       T3

These were seen across 16.5 hours  (15.9 Teff)  of observing.  All were fast and from the Pi Eri radiant.
The first meteor was seen around the 19-20th of August.

I will be posting a summary of my results soon for the end of August.  If you need any more info, let me know.

Adam Marsh, Asst Director, ASV Meteor Section.