To: Multiple recipients of list rasclist <rasclist@astrotech.stmarysdot ca>
Sender: owner-rasclist@astrotech.stmarysdot ca
From: "Chris Baldock" <cbaldoc@ibmdot net>
Subject:  Re: RASC List:  Sarnia event August 16th...
Date:  Sat, 5 Sep 1998 12:44:30 -0400

I'll have to check the date, but my brother (who lives in London) mentioned
something oddly similar to me a couple of weeks ago.  He said that he and my
nephew were floating in the pool one evening when they saw a bright
fireball.  They watched it travel across the sky with the typical sparks and
such flying off to the sides.  Suddenly it veered off to one side.  I
mentioned that it might be that as the fireball slowed, friction and gravity
might make it appear to trace an arc.  He said it definitely did not follow
a smooth arc. It changed direction.

Now, my brother does have enough experience to know the difference between
astronomical phenomena and a plane.  I wonder if what they really saw was
two meteors who's paths crossed (not literally).  As the first meteor
reached the end of its visible path, the other appeared.

I'll see if I can find out any additional information.