[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) (meterobs) Aurigid Observations on 9/2/98--MarkM

Mark Mikutis <perseus1@pcpartnerdot net> wrote:
> I'm wondering what kind of counts were obtained by other members on Monday
> evening. I was unable to observe Monday night since it was overcast in
> central Iowa.

Hi, Mark, glad you were able to observe on the apparent max night (last
Tuesday) of the Alpha Aurigids. As I mentioned in my previous summary, both
myself and Steve Harrison were able to observe for over 2.5 hours on the
previous night, Monday Aug 31/Sep 1. I saw a quite small number of AURs on that
supposed max night (only 7), but an amazing number of Delta Aurigids (DAUs,
total of 5). Certainly my average of 2 AURs per hour under LM=6.7 skies does
not compare with your numbers the following night!

Clear skies,
Lew