[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) IMO-NEWS: Draconid information

------- Forwarded Message

From: Juergen Rendtel <jrendtel@aipdot de>
Subject: Draconid information
To: imo-news@imodot net
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 15:08:00 METDST

This mail might be of interest for all meteor observers:

> Dear Mr. Rendtel,
> 	I send you a brief message about results of my investigations
> on Draconids. Could you please accept this information and spread it
> around colleagues.
>                                     Sincerely yours,
>                                                  E.A. Reznikov,
>                                                  South Ural University

> The numerical investigation of the motion of meteoroids ejected from the
> nucleus of the comet Giacobinni-Zinner is carried out. Calculations have
> shown that the ejected particles should be observed on October 8, 1998.
> The calculated time of a maximum is October 8.55 UT. The radiant of the
> meteor shower has right ascention 17.5 hours and declination 56 degrees.

Juergen Rendtel                     Astrophysical Institute Potsdam
                                  International Meteor Organization
jrendtel@aipdot de                           Arbeitskreis Meteore e.V.
http://aipsoe.aipdot de/~rend/rnl-p.html

Phone: (+49) 331 - 960727   (priv.)
       (+49) 331 - 288 2327 (office)                 Gontardstr. 11
Fax:   (+49) 331 - 288 2310                         D-14471 Potsdam

------- End of Forwarded Message