[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Radio Meteors from Sept.7-10

Hello [Bob]:

Well, I do have static interference but today rates are up again from 7am
to now. I had to turn the radio off between 1300-1400 UT because of heavy
static. But the pings are the same as I have heard on other meteor
showers, hitting a tuning fork, a nice HUUUMMMMmmmmmMMmmmm..... then it's
gone: some last less than a second, some 1 second to 1.5 seconds. I do not
count the odd type fluttering only the overdense trails.

So far the rates are:

1000-1100 = 22
1100-1200 = 41
1200-1300 = 23 - interference began about 1235 UT
1300-1400 = Interference
1400-1500 = so far 40+  about 1415 UT heard a bit of Morse Code
                           for a second

Mike