[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Interesting Question

Hi Everyone!!

Just got home from our Astronomy meeting, and a fellow member and I
were talking about the meteor trains and the paths that stay
luminated for a few secs or longer.

Now since the answer to my question, is probably in the IMO handbook
or possibly I need to go and re-read the NAMN guide, why does the
train of a meteor last longer in some meteors than others.

Is there that much plasma in the meteor, or is the speed of the
meteor that makes the train persist?

I hope someone can answer this, as this member is giving at talk next
month on Terrestial Impacts, and I would like to answer his question,
as I did not know why?

Thanks in advance

Kim

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH