[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observations Sep 12/13 ZAYGE

I was out observing last night from my Descanso, Calif. observatory. The skies
were clear. My LM was around 6.0 during the entire time. I ended when the moon
started rising over the mountains.  I started at 20h10 local and ended at
00h35 local with a Teff of about 4 hours. I also operated two guided cameras.
Anyhow, I plotted 25 meteors during this time. The first two hours were quite
slow. The first hour I recorded 4 and the second hour 3. Of them there were 3
delta Aurigids and 5 Piscids and 17 sporadics. There was no obvious shower
activity coming from the Aries-Triangulum region. Only 3 meteors had the
appearance that they could align with this region. One was an obvious Piscid
aligning dead center with it's radiant. The other two had different extreme
velocities and thus not related. One was very fast(5) and the other was Slow
(2). The Very fast one had too long of a path cutting through the A-T region
which was obviously not related with any radiants that may belong there. The
Slow one had the proper path length and alignment to belong to a possible
radiant (if it existed) anywhere along a long line that would include a region
near beta-Triangulum. It was a 0 magnitude. There is an outside chance that I
might have caught this one on film. I'm relatively sure it was in my camera's
view, but usually my 28mm lens won't pick up 0 magnitude meteors. Hopefully it
was slow enough and maybe brighter than I estimated so that it will be picked
up? If I did get it, it should be in the camera that had the rotating shutter
operating. Anyhow, it's marked and labeled for identification if it shows up
when I develope the film. I thought about observing tonight, but I will have
to cancel out and probably do an all nighter tomorrow. Today will be a family
day....then the beginning of another work cycle to tie me up.
George Zay