[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Aries-Triangulid meteors

At 15-SEP-1998 01:51:15.35 Pierre Martin said:

>Is it possible that the Tri-Aries activity be perhaps a periodic shower
>with very little or no meteors in most years? A possible periodic minor
>outburst? Perhaps, we should keep an eye out next year just in case.

Yes. I will admit that this year activity has been very low to nill, but
in the past several other experianced meteor observers have noted radiants
in the A-T area. However, in non-outburst years, like the last few years,
the rates are barely detectable, and yes, chance aligments with sporadics
is always a problem then. We should look again next year for sure.

GWG