[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Bolide EMO980813

<<
 With what frequency to magnitude -10 bolides such as this occur?   Is there a
 record of meteors catagorized as Fireballs and Bolides?     As I am new to
 this list, can anyone please tell me if there is any recorded sighting of a
 magnitude -8 or brighter fireball observed on August 26pm through August
 27am...     Thank you.

The International Meteor Organization (IMO) publishes a bi-monthly bulletin
that lists all the reported worldwide fireballs. It is called FIDAC NEWS from
IMO's Fireball Data Center. Andre Knoefel puts it together. The Subscription
rates are $10/year. It's possible it might have changed recently so if
interested, you should inquire about that. To subscribe, contact IMO's
treasurer Ina Rendtel. Her email address is:
treasurer@imodot net

It's format has single line listings of fireballs of magnitudes -3 to -5 with
Date, UT Time, Solar Longitude, Observing Site coordinates, magnitude,
Zenithal magnitude and observer. Then for fireballs of magnitudes -6 or
greater, the following information is listed if the observer provides it:
Date, Solar longitude, magnitude, zenithal magnitude, Location, Beginning
coordinates and Ending coordinates, Duration, Color, Trail, Persistent train
duration, Fragmentation, Velocity, Sounds, and observer.
George Zay