[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: (meteorobs) Re: Bolide EMO980813

i am a complete novice to this but what you describe sounds like the event
that led me to this site. before dawn on the morning of aug 27 (possibly 26) i
was awakened by a very large, very bright green object which moved in an arc
from the east to the north/northwest. it was far too large, i thought to be a
"falling star" and i was unfamiliar with a celestial being of color until i
found this site. for a momemt i thought i might be witnessing a plane crash,
but the arc did not make since. there was a trail and as the object moved
farther away it became both smaller and dimmer. i must have lasted for 5  or
more seconds because i awakened my husband before it dissappeared. the
location was 3/4 up sonoma mountain in glen ellen , california. i don't recall
there being any accompanying sonic boom. i don't know how you measure the size
and brilliance of the things but i do know that i am no light sleeper so i
imagine this would have been toward the larger and more brilliant of its type.
i have continued to leave the windows uncovered and sleep facing them in hopes
of another as it was quite impressive but i have not seen another. a couple of
nights later one of our guests saw what she described as a small green light
fall in the west. she,too, had never seen  one of color. i hope this helps and
perhaps someone can more enlighten me on what i saw, their frequency, and how
i might know when and where to see more. i am enjoying the site and from what
i have picked up gather that this was perhaps a fireball. is that also a
sporadic? can i assume that it was more than 50 miles above the earth if there
was no sonic boom. i never saw an explosion; it just dropped behind the
mountains. thank you for your patience with the curiousity of a novice.   joy.