[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Very Fast Sporadics

Thanks for the "Technique Notes" on George's Speed Scale... Looks like I may
have been using the Speed Scale differently all this time! Somehow I always
interpolated George's comments that "Very Slow" meteors were rare, to imply
that "Very Fast" meteors were also rare. Tain't so, it seems!

So then for George, it's NOT fair to say Very Fast Sporadics in the AM are
unusual... (Though for myself, I still can't get away from seeing a qualitative
difference between Perseid and Leonid speeds? Come to think of it, I see the
occasional meteor that APPEARS even faster than an average LEO!)

Well anyway, I still end up thinking George's 5 meteors sound suspiciously like
DAUs, or else from a related radiant - would y'all agree?

Thanks again, and clear skies!
Lew