[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Giacobinids/Draconids

One caveat may be in order on what Bob says... In my opinion, the "safest bet"
for watching the Draconids (if there are any) this year is to watch AS MUCH AS
POSSIBLE, from Oct 8.0 (or even 7.0) to Oct 10.9!

In other words, if you can get out for much of the evening and/or morning on
EACH of those three nights, you have the BEST chance to not only see a "wicked
good show" (as folks in New England always say), but also to make a pretty
valuable contribution to meteorics! And keep in mind you can make a valuable
contribution just by NOT seeing any GIAs...

The flip side of all this: even watching all night every night, I understand we
COULD still end up not seeing ONE Draconid this year... So if watching for 20
hours in 3 days and seeing nothing but a few Sporadics and a Taurid will
frustrate you, then DON'T DO THAT! :)

But of course if you aren't watching, you definitely won't see any. ;>

Lew