[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) The Russian Night-Light

Well, here's a copy of the letter that I sent to the address that Pierre
listed earlier.

Dear Sir,

	God made night for a reason.  - Day = light.......Night = dark  - How much
simpler can it be?  If god didn't want night, he would of created a way for
there to always be light.  I strongly disagree with the Russian project to
light up the night sky.  By doing this project, you cut away from astronomical
observations.  Even if you didn't make them go over observatories, who do you
think discovers more comets- observatories, or just those of us who do our own
observations without the aid of a full blown observatory?  I certainly hope
you didn't say observatories.  Remember Comet Hale-Bopp?  It was discovered by
2 amatuer astronomers( Alan Hale & Thomas Bopp)-without observatories!  Or how
about Comet Shoemaker-Levy9- again, discovered by 2 amateur astronomers(Eugene
Shoemaker & David Levy) without observatories!  I hope your getting the idea.
Well, I hope my 2 cents helps make an obvious decision clear.

Matthew Martin

E-Mail:   alh84001kc@aol.com
www:   http://www.angelfire.com/sk/skyfire7
Member- Hawaiian Astronomical Society