[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observations Sept 23/24, 1998 ZAYGE

I started out last night with the intentions of observing all night...but Mrs.
Mother Nature had other plans. I was able to observe for about 4 Teff hours
under clear dark skies...then just before 3 am she pulled the plug on me and
sent in a thick layer of fog/low clouds. It never did clear up after that.
Anyhow, the period that I did observe seem relatively slow. I plotted and
recorded a total of 21 meteors. 4 were Piscids, 2 Delta Aurigids, and 15
sporadics. The brightest was a 0 magnitude sporadic. The highlight of the
night was that there wasn't a highlight of the night....unless the sudden
overcasting of clouds could be considered as a highlight?

I plan on observing the night of the Draconids on Oct 8/9 and perhaps 9/10? Of
course with the approval of the weather. I plan on posting here if I see any
Draconid activity or not as was suggested by someone in another post. I sure
hope there is plenty of Draconid activity so that the night won't be a total
drag. If there isn't any Draconids to keep the interest up, it's probably
gonna be a very boring night due to the bright moon.
George Zay
Descanso, Calif