[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Frustration

Nights like you had are among the most frustrating we meteor folks can face,
Kim! I sympathize, because half or more of my own observing attempts follow
the same pattern, so much so I gave it a name - "The New England Fake-Out".

Still, never forget nights like that ARE valuable: they give you a chance
to learn a few IMO Star Count areas, as Kim did; and even maybe get a little
practice recording meteor magnitudes for the ones you catch between clouds;
and of course, anything that gets you out under the beautiful night sky is
good, even if you just end up getting clouded out...

Keep up the good (and hard!) work, Kim - you're bound to become another one
of those "Canadian Meteor Powerhouses" yet! :)

Clear skies,
Lew