[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) "Mailing List Mechanics" or "Remove the Removers"

Greg,

Sorry I did not get back to you yesterday about Bonincontri, but the truth
is I have nothing about his other than his name attached to a comet seen in
1371. By the way there is no 1402 comet. The photocopied reference I had
was "Hist. Bonon." and I apparently mistook it. All in all it is still
bizarre that the reference for the 1371 comet led you to the proper author.
This source is the least important of the three. I just included it since
you were going to be in the neighborhood.  :-)

In terms of which edition is preferred, I guess it really doesn't matter,
as long as you were able to find the correct material. I thought the 1723
edition would be best, since my second-hand sources were published during
the early 1800s and probably used that edition. However, since you said the
1900 edition seems "faithful enough" I don't think it really matters.

Sincerely,
Gary