[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) September 22/23 1998 observation

On September 22/23, I headed out to the Casselman site and did about
one hour of meteor observing. The skies were good and transparent at
limiting magnitude 6.4 but the temperature was near freezing and a
frost warning was issued. The brisk wind gave the impression that it
was much colder still. My full winter gear was out and I did not regret
it. As I arrived, I noticed a very weak aurora low in the north.
For this observation, no shower meteors were seen...only sporadics.
Nothing really bright. Best was a +1 yellow, very fast sporadic
with wake.

DATE: Sept 22/23 1998               BEGIN: 3:30 UT  END: 4:35 UT
LOCATION: Long: -75.063 West; Lat: 45.269 North   Elevation: 100m
City & Province: Casselman, Ontario, CAN

PERIOD(UT)  FIELD   Teff   F     LM    SPO
3:30-4:35   SE60    1.04  1.00   6.4   12
Totals:             1.04               12

MAGNITUDE DISTRIBUTIONS:

SHOWER  +1  +2  +3  +4  +5

SPO      1   4   3   2   2

Total dead time: 2.66 minutes (including plotting time)
Breaks: none

                                .    .    . .
Pierre Martin                  . . *  . *  .  .
***************************** . . . \   | .  .
Ottawa Valley Observers Group  .  .    .  .   . .
Visual meteor observer          .    . . .  -* .
Ottawa, Ontario, CAN              . .   . .  .
home:  p.martin@cyberusdot ca           /  . .  . .
Graphic Designer                     .  |    .
National Aviation Museum                |   \
work:  pmartin@nmstcdot ca                 *  . \
                                               *