[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteoroid Size

<<
 I can't find that reference.  Bob, is that IMO visual guide the same
 thing as my IMO Handbook for Visual Meteor Observations, or something
 completely different (please pardon the rookie question!)?  Or could you
 have a newer version of the Handbook (mine's from 1989)?  By the way,
 just to really muddy the issue, my copy of the Handbook says on page 12
 that meteoroid particles are "mostly no larger than a grain of sand."

I knew I read that somewhere in recent literature...just couldn't figure out
where? However, the updated version of IMO's handbook for Visual Meteor
Observations, doesn't repeat the"mostly no larger than a grain of sand."
Statement.