[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) US Academic System

How About "Comrade Vladimir" for your title?

 There's only one thing wrong with your analysis of the American system of
higher-academia.  They don't single out only one segment (ie; the poor) to
exploit. They exploit ALL segments equally.  It falls under the definition of
"equal opportunity" Here's a good example: in 1969 I took "Astronomy 101" at
Colorado College in Colorado Springs, when I transferred a year later to the
University of Missouri.... they would not allow the credit to follow and I had
to take it again at Mizzou (at least the second time I got an "A")  I STILL am
slightly upset about it (it gets a little better with every passing year
though)

Dave G